Wednesday 6 April 2011

oh denim

Ever since my bandmate miss Lola Coca showed up at my house in a distressed pair of shorty denim dungarees, i've been on a search for my own pair. These are amazing. They bring the cute factor that a play suit brings but with easy popper peeing action (because its never fun to unzip and sit completly naked when your at someone else's house) AND they've got the distressed denim trend in oodlings of amounts.

and if you've got the leg length for it, hell yes for full length turn ups. its so Walton's chic. sadly as a pintsize polly I actually look like a toddler in the full dungaree sha-bang..

It also makes me happy that Miss Moss was rocking these in her natural days and of course i'm loving this image of her simply for the flat chest and adrogenous collar bone.

One of my all time favourite denim looks is the recently erupted trend of the high waistys. These seem to be flattering on most people and look very cute with the equally on trend crop tops..

 i'm a sucker for a cropped vintage band tshirt messilly tucked into some denim shorties with bare legs, boots and teamed with an oversized leather jacket. maybe your boyfriends if your going really Nancy Spungen. Yes, if you haven't already guessed I love heroin chic.




Heres a pair of my favourite distressed Levi hotties. Infact i'm actually wearing them as I type. Brought for £8 from a vintage shop, they are amazing even though my butt cheeks are visible and they're a tinsey bit big on the waist. Lola took this photo last summer whilst I was frolicking in my garden (note the foliage), and I was swinging my tassells about. This top was a little gem brought from Beyond Retro a while back, before tassels made it mainstream. sometimes I get stuck on door handles and that. Its awkward.
These are good for bare legs too.. i'm loving the 80s layering vibe. easy to make from tights, fishnets if your paying homage to punk or they sell them in H&M as laced cycling shorts. I picked mine up for £9.99 and they are so helpful when your avoiding a Britney flash.




If I was tall, I'd live in ripped up denim jeans. This is my dear Disney companion Christina Curry. One of those bitches who is just effortlessly cool I had to ask Chrissie if I could steal this image for WAR CHILD. From the tippy toes to the cigarette, this is another favourite of mine in the denim world. White t-shirt and denim jeans. See more of Chrissie's Asian school girl meets Misfits chic at http://awkwardantlers.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment